Sunday, September 15, 2013

catching up!

trying frozen yogurt at llaollao
So I haven't been nearly as good as a blogger I should with catching you up on what happened after I met my roommate and the other girls at the bus, but I can tell you that we arrived just fine in Granada.  A little tired, a little hungry, a little sore, but there!  We arrived at our hotel without incident and found a tapas bar...octopus is a very interesting food when served on top of french fries.  Also, it glows red when seven girls' cameras' flash.  If you ever wanted to know.  And then Sunday rolled around.  Our program director, Veronica, announced our roommates and sent us off with our host mothers.  Off Marissa and I went to our new home.

Things that have happened in the following week:

sign of my new school
We moved into our home in the apartment along the river (beautiful by the way)
We  met our host brother
Had to convince our host mother that I do in fact speak spanish
Visited the Alhambra
Started 3 hour a day Spanish classes
Had to fix a colloquialism error in which telling our mother we were going out for chocolate meant going for hasheesh when WE meant chocolate as in chocolate and churros
Basically adjusting to the Spanish culture in general...


river near my apartment at night

No comments:

Post a Comment